BEAUTY | SKINCARE - Ole Henriksen & SK-II



The end of this year is creeping up on me so fast. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and ate tons. Maybe even did a little black Friday shopping? I didn't even attempt to hit up the malls this year. My sister and I did most of our damage on Abercrombie, and we're just waiting for it to ship home. Might do a haul or a post if I get chance.

I know I told myself I would revisit blogging and start putting more content on all platforms this year, but I really didn't. I don't even know if people visit/frequent blog sites as much as they use to. I want to start trying to post more frequently on here, so I have something to look back at :) I'm going to start writing more reviews on products I've been using/trying lately as well.




I know I always do a quick Google search in stores when I buy things, it's become a habit! If you're curious on any of these products down below, keep on reading.

Here are some of my thoughts from October/November purchases for skincare.

Skincare
Brand: Ole Henriksen
Line: Balance 
Purchased At: Sephora
Pricing: $$ - $10-$34 (Exact pricing down below) 

My skin was wilding out in the past month. I needed something to get my skin under control. I actually stopped using my skincare products and Clarisonic for a while. I merely got lazy. 

I initially bought the trial size set ($34 total) to test out the products to see if I would like them, and what do you know? I really liked/loved it to buy the actual products. You can see the comparison in sizing of the trial size vs the actual sized products below excluding the cleanser. The actual size is about three times the amount of the trial size. For the given price point, I think it's really affordable. The trial size set pricing is the same amount as the full size moisturizer. If you want to test out the products, I highly recommend the set. It's not too much commitment without feeling like you're breaking your bank. (I kept the trial size containers for future travels, lol)

This line is mainly catered towards combatting/balancing oily skin, hence the name "balance." All of these products smell minty, it's made up of "green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp), and Irish moss extracts." I actually really enjoy the smell. It's refreshing, it makes me feel that I've truly cleansed my face, lol. It also has AHAs in it as well. (Still doing my research on what this means and what it does for my skin) These products are suppose to unclog your pores, and reduce "excess" oils.  My skin still does produce oils throughout the day, but it's a little less than before. I think it really does the job of controlling the oils your face produces throughout the day. I primarily use the moisturizer both in the morning and night time. It hydrates my skin well under makeup too. I definitely notice the "glowy" complexion more when I'm not using makeup with this product. I think that's a major plus! Who wants to look dull? Especially when they're not wearing any makeup. My pores aren't emphasized when I'm using this product. I can see it working to push out the dirt in my pores too. Haven't noticed any major breakouts with these products either. It's keeping my skin in control. I will definitely repurchase this once I'm running low. 


Ole Henriksen - Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser (Full Size) - $25




Ole Henriksen - Balancing Force Oil Control Toner - (Full Sized and Trial Size picture) - $26 Cleanser - The cleanser has a jelly like consistency. 



 Ole Henriksen - Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator - (Full and Trial Sized picture) - $34




Brand: SK-II
Line: SK-II (Pitera Essence Set) 
Purchased At: Sephora
Pricing: $$$ - $99 

Let me begin with the price point on this line!! It's quite expensive, it's not affordable. However, if you're feeling a little boujee and want to treat your skin then go right ahead. It came with a mask, a clear skin lotion (aka toner), and the essence bottle. When you're buying this set, you're really buying the essence and getting a free mask and mini toner. I saved that mask for a few weeks, and used it when I felt my skin was dying (AKA SUPER DRY AND BEAT), it instantly moisturized and rejuvenated my face. The quality of the mask was thick and felt much more heavy on my face compare to any other face mask I've used. You could tell the difference/quality of the mask. The clear skin lotion (toner) didn't make much of an impression for me. The essence gave me quite an impression with the way it smells. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's an unpleasant smell. However, if I'm feeling lazy at night to do the whole shabang skincare routine I will just use one product only, and it's this essence. I'm not going to lie I actually forgot I even had this for a few weeks and it was just sitting on my vanity. It's definitely saving me a few minutes when I'm lazy to do the proper skincare routine. I treat this essence as if it's a moisturizer by tapping it into my face with my fingers, however I do get lazy and use a cotton pad to pat it on my skin at times. (This wastes more product). My skin is moisturized in the morning when I use this overnight, it's as if I used a moisturizer. I don't really use this product in conjunction with other products. I think it's intended to be used with a moisturizer, but I just don't. The question is would I repurchase this? If I had an extra $100 - yes, if I didn't, no. 


SK - II - Facial Treament Essence - $99 



If you lasted to the end, truly thank you. 

I'm trying to figure out how I want to break down the sub categories of my reviews and thoughts. I just need a way to organize everything, including my life. I feel the most unstable as ever, but this is something I have to work on going into 2019 and I'm feeling prepared! Let's get this bread! Just kidding, but no really though :)

XO,
Haley 



Comments

Popular Posts